New Improvements to TheWorxHub
August 28, 2016
This update addresses a significant bug in the .Net Framework on
top of which TheWorxHub runs. This bug was causing frequent but
intermittent slow-downs in TheWorxHub involving session
This also includes several great new features and a number of
Downtime will begin at Midnight EST, August 28th for 1-2
hours so plan accordingly.
Email Notifications on Scheduled/PM Work Orders and
This new feature allows you to setup email notification on both
recurring scheduled work orders as well as template work
Here's some examples of where this helps:
- staff/contractors assigned to recurring scheduled work orders
now can get an email when the scheduled work order generates. Note:
their staff profile must have the 'email me when I get assigned to
work' setting selected.
- users specified on the Email Notification panel of a
recurring scheduled work order now get an email when the work order
Similarly, with work order templates, staff assignment emails
and general notification emails can be sent out when a template is
- when adding a new request/work order using the Pick
- triggering a corrective work order template from a failed
inspection pass/fail question.
- triggering a corrective work order template from a meter
reading that is outside of acceptable range
Tip: recurring scheduled work
orders like PM will generate overnight so there is potential for
midnight to 3am emails to be sent out. If you're one of those
people who's phone is on vibrate on their bedside table, you might
want to investigate some of the do not disturb settings on your
Requestors Can Now Link Assets to Requests
We've added a new security permission that allows your
requestors to link assets to their requests. This is great in
circumstances where your requestors are well trained in the
specifics of equipment and can properly identify a specific asset
Under Settings > Users, look for a new permission
under Work Orders > Requestors Can Link Assets.
Once your requestors have this permission they'll see a new
Link Asset section in their request form.
Tip: the asset link will only
show assets in the selected location (or a sublocation) specified
in the request form. To see all assets, leave the location field
blank before expanding the asset section, select your asset then
return to fill in the location field.
Subscribe to Emailed Reports on a Schedule
Now you can get your favorite reports emailed direct to your
inbox on daily, weekly or monthly schedules. On your reports
Favorites tab, look for the Manage Subscription link
to setup your subscriptions. Once you've set your schedule, you'll
automatically be subscribed, but you can also choose other
subscribers to receive your report.
Staff Can Manage their Own Profile and Email
Now when you login to TheWorxHub, you can access your basic
staff profile by clicking your underlined username in the top
Use this page to manage your name spelling, phone numbers, email
address, profile photo and most importantly your email subscription
Multiple Billing Companies Now Supported
For those who are managing resident billables and exporting data
to AOD, HealthMedX/Vision or PointClickCare, it's often the
circumstance that within your organization there can be multiple
billing companies being reconciled. We've often seen various skill
levels being treated as separate billing companies within products
like AOD. We can now handle this.
Now, each unit within your organization can be tagged with a
'company number'. Under Settings > Location you
can find a unit and tag it with your billing company number. For
ease of setup, you can select an entire top level node, like your
top level Independent Living, assign it a company number then check
the Apply to Children checkbox to assign this company
number to all units within that building.
You can also perform this same option by opening the Unit
Form via Search > Location/Residents.
When managing your billings from your Billings to Send
dashboard, you can use a Company Number drill-down filter to easily
limit your exports to a single billable company.
Fixes & Improvements
Print this page
- Added a new feature under Search > Inventory to
filter on discontinued items.
- Enhanced change logging to purchase order, staff, assets on
mobile, asset risk assessments and trips.
- Added sort option to Settings > Pick List >
- For those running multiple departments, we can now set a
default department on all new assets being added.
- Indicators for required fields added to Request and Inventory
form (other forms coming soon).
- Room booking dashboard views updated to show dates in red if
the event status is 'On-Hold'.
- When editing templates in Settings > Templates,
they now open up in a pop-up rather than in a new tab, dramatically
- If you have residents who login to TheWorxHub, they can now
manage their name, email address and phone numbers and profile
photos when clicking their underlined username in the top
- PM Analysis report added to WorxIQ.
- Fixed issue where clicking a work request from search or
dashboards to preview would result in a blank form.
- Fixed issue where some work order log panel notes were
visible to requestors when they shouldn't have been.
- Fixed issue in room booking where recurring room bookings would
suddenly appear to end when they have no end date.
- Fixed issue when marking locations as inactive when they still
have recurring work linked to them.
- On transportation calendar an issue was resolved where inactive
staff drivers would show twice.
- Fixed issue with work order billing export showing the
description of work twice in some circumstances.
- Fixed issue with location type filter not working in
search > locations.
- Fixed issue in scheduled work order asset panel where
after you link assets, they no longer appear linked.
- Fixed issue with Trip Listing report when leaving the
Trip Date range filter blank would not return future dated
- Correctly hiding deactivated suppliers from Inventory
- Fixed issue where you'd sometimes get an incorrect warning 'Not
possible to add readings to a retired asset' when attempting to log
meter readings against an in-service asset.
- Fixed issue where sometimes Search > Assets without using
any filters wouldn't return results.
- Fixed issue where survey question comments weren't being saved
when you had yet to answer the survey question.
- Optimized the Passenger filter on the Search >
- Part # is now mandatory when creating a new inventory item in
the mobile app.