New Features & Fixes in TheWorxHub
July 20, 2014
This is a huge update! We've been working away on a few great
things, so take a seat and read all about it!
Barcoding is Here!
Print barcodes right from TheWorxHub, stick them to Assets,
Inventory and Locations, then use Mobile Worx on your mobile device
to scan. Being able to walk up to any piece of equipment,
location or inventory item and quickly scan it is a huge step
forward in workflow productivity and data accuracy. Take a read
through this Black and White and Read
All Over blog post for an intro to the brand new Barcoding
Attach Files to a Work Request
Now your requestors can attach one or many files to their work
requests. Attach pictures, pdfs, word docs, excel files, even links
to a website. These attachments carry over to the work order once
the request is accepted.
New Attachment Types
You could always upload files from your computer to attach, but
now you can also attach website URLs or files from Dropbox.
- Attach a URL to an online video of the PM procedure to a
scheduled work order.
- Link directly to a pdf manual online at the manufacturer's
Dropbox is the most popular cloud
storage service giving easy access to your files anywhere on any
device. Now you can link directly to files stored on Dropbox. Just
select the dropbox option and enter your dropbox login
View Attachments on Mobile
Now you can view work order attachments on Mobile. When you open
a mobile work order, you'll see a new panel called Attachments.
This panel displays all attachments on the work order, as well as
any attachments for the assets linked to that work order. Just tap
the attachment to download and view! For a detailed overview, check
out our help topic on adding and
Upload Attachments on Mobile
Take pictures on your mobile device and attach them to work
orders in a only a few clicks. Great for pictures of damage or
before and after photos. For more detail on uploading attachments
on mobile, check out our help topic on adding and
Asset Safety Notes
Link important safety notes directly to fixed asset records --
such as lock-out/tag-out procedures. Now when those assets are
linked to work orders, the safety notes automatically show up on
Work Order Form print outs as well as on mobile. To link a safety
note to an asset, look for the Safety Notes panel inside a
Fixed Asset form.
Fixes & Improvements
Print this page
- Show as Occupied setting in Location Manager now
updates the Work Order Form print out to show a room as
- Resident Away Notifications now print on the Work
Order Form print out.
- Enhancement to Simple Work Order Listing report to
speed up performance when Completed Date filter is used.
- Fixed issue with offline mobile where safety notes would show
linked to a work order even after they were removed in the main
- Fixed display issue with Search > Projects where
the columns for Time and Billings were not properly formatted.
- Fixed issue with Work Orders subtab inside a Fixed
Asset form. The filters for complete and incomplete were not
- Fixed issue on mobile where discontinued inventory items were
still showing on the Assign Inventory page.
- Fixed issue with billable time rounding in Transportation
- Added feature to enlarge resident photo when you click on it
inside the Work Request or Work Order form.
- Updated Pick-up logic in transportation app so that
pick-ups get the same trip category as their parent trip.
- Added new feature to Transportation app to charge different
billable rates per vehicle.
- Sorted vehicles alphabetically in vehicle selection area of
- Added Special Notes column to Search >
- Fixed interface issue with Daily option in the
Recurrence window in scheduled work orders.