New Update to TheWorxHub!
June 17, 2012
Last night we rolled out a huge new update to TheWorxHub with a
number of new features and improvements. Here's what's changed:
Changes to Scheduled Work Order Logic
This is an 'under-the-hood' change that we've made to support
the ability to change the recurrence pattern on a scheduled work
order after it's been in use. As well, this update will help us in
the future to support a 'grace period' on scheduled work order --
allowing the due date to be set to a future date after the work
order generates. This 'grace period' is not part of this update,
but will be rolled out very soon.
Note: There is a chance that this update will
generate scheduled work orders that were previously skipped because
of unexpected data conditions when your data was migrated from PM
Worx, or first entered into TheWorxHub. You'll see these on your
dashboard as recently created work orders but with very old due
dates. This is a one time event and should not pose a
significant issue. Customers with a large number of these extra
work orders have already been notified separately with instructions
on how to deal with them.
Staff Schedule Report Under Construction
For the next couple days, the staff schedule report found under
Reports > Staff/Contractors will be under construction. We're
working to improve this report significantly. We will send out an
email notice once the new and improved version is up and
Print a Purchase Order Form
You can now print out a purchase order by clicking the print
button inside the purchase order general info panel.
The purchase order print out will display in a pop-up where you
can print it, or save it as a PDF file.
Edit Purchase Order Line Item Price & Qty
After you've added a line item to a purchase order, you
can easily edit the quantity to order and the price by simply
clicking in those fields on the line item. Once you're done
editing, click the save icon on the far right.
See Resident Phone & Photo on Request
Now when you are submitting a request, you see the resident
phone number, photo and 'other entry notes' as soon as you select
Assign Someone | Add Labor Search
Many of you with large lists of staff and contractors would
experience a 'jumping around' with the list of available workers as
you searched a name find people to assign. We have resolved this by
not searching on each keystroke. Instead TheWorxHub will search
your worker list when you pause, or when you press your enter
New Inventory Usage by Location Report
Have you ever wondered where your inventory items are going --
which specific location they're being used in? A new report called
the Inventory Usage by Location will summarize which inventory
items were used in which locations based on the work orders that
the items were used on. To find this report, go to Reports >
Inventory & POs > Inventory Usage by Location.
Easier to Use Mobile Location Picker
When you're adding a new work order or work request on Mobile
Worx, you need to use the location picker to find a location for
the work. When you type in the location to search for, the results
now get returned with the tree expanded to show the locations which
match your search term. This saves time and eliminates the need
(most of the time) to expand the tree to find locations. See the
A Quick List of Other Features
- All chart labels turned on an angle to fit more labels per
chart, so you're not left guessing at what is showing on the
- Added username filter and column into Location/Resident search
to easily search for resident requestors by username.
- Updated work order form and invoice print-out to show the name
of the resident who resided in a location at the time of the work
order being completed.
- New 'Entry Allowed' filter on Location/Resident search tab
allowing you to only show residents where you have permission to
enter, or where you do not.
- On all work order reports, the WO# filter has been moved into
the main filter area -- no longer hidden in the advanced filter
- Added a Description filter to all work order reports. Now you
can type part of a work order description into the filter to limit
your results to work orders matching that description.
- If 'bill to resident' check box is checked, the work order
print out now indicates 'Yes' for bill to resident.
- You can now print a work order from the pop-up work order
screen in Search > Work Orders.
- Added supplier discount % to contract panel in supplier form --
gets used on purchase orders.
- Added account # to contractor/supplier Contract panel.
- Updated 'Assign Inventory' panel to search when you pause, or
when you press your enter key -- this prevents the inventory list
from 'jumping around' on search.
- Updated with new ability to make changes to a project type and
locations immdiately after creating a project from a template.
- Auto-adjust inventory option created to automagically (that's a
word) insert an adjustment record into the Usage tab to ensure the
usage tab matches the current on-hand quantity. Especially useful
to reconcile anomolies after migrating from PM Worx.
- Added default shipping and billing addresses into Settings >
- Added shipping and billing address panel to Purchase Order
Print this page
- Fixed issue with batch print capability within a Projects
- Fixed issue with changing locations on a project template.
- Fixed issue with primary contact for Contractor/Supplier which
was still visible after being deleted.
- Fixed intermittant issue with Batch Assign action when
assigning 5, 9 or 13 work orders concurrently. This was a fun one
to diagnose, so weird!
- Removed Completion panel on scheduled work order form, thus
preventing you from marking a scheduled work order or work order
template as complete -- not allowed!
- Fixed issue with search results refreshing after popping up a
resident form in Search > Locations/Residents.
- Fixed issue with Resident #2 'share login with resident #1'
- Fixed issue with Work Order Reponse Time report not obeying the
pie chart/bar chart options.
- Fixed issues with periodic time-out errors on various
- Many fixes and enhancements to the work order form print
- Fixed issue with inventory category and subcategory pick lists
not obeying the sort order specified in Settings > Pick
- Fixed issue with Ad Hoc inventory items showing up in 'assign
inventory' lists and search results.
- Fixed issue with displaying a purchase order status in
- Fixed display issue in calendar when mini-work order location
picker is used.
- Fixed issue in Mobile Worx where all dashboard indicators were
visible to users while the app loaded, regardless of their security
- Fixed issue with Scheduled Work Order # skipping when creating
a scheduled work order via a template.
- Fixed issue where scheduled work order templates would appear
in the right hand smart-widget for a selected location.
- Fixed issue with main dashboard drill-down filters appearing
even though there are no matching records.
- If you're still reading this, congrats, you're almost
- Fixed issues occuring after adding a work order on Mobile Worx
while offline, then tapping the incomplete work orders
- Fixed issue with changing the billing code in the work order
billing panel -- it used to reset back to the default even after
- Fixed issue with QA Surveys not retaining 'Who is Being
Surveyed' data when reopening a survey form to input scores.
- Fixed an internet explorer error on the work order completion