New Features & Fixes in TheWorxHub
October 12, 2014
We've got an amazing new update online! It's a big one, so grab
a seat and check out all the new features below!
Mobile Quick Actions for Timers and Work Order
We just made it faster and easier to start a job timer or mark a
work order complete from your Just My Work list. If you
were attending our 2014
User Conference, we demonstrated this as a 'Long Press.' In
order to enhance device and browser compatibility, we changed this
to a single Action Menu button that you can tap to show
the Quick Actions for starting timers and completing work
Tap The Action Menu
Quick Action Buttons for Start Timer or Complete Work
Tip: When you already have a timer
running then you click Start Timer on a different work order, the
original timer is stopped and the time accumulated is saved.
Jobs With Running Timers are Highlighted in Green
Tap Actions Menu On Active Timer
- Save Timer: this saves the time logged since starting the
timer but leaves the work order open. You can always restart your
timer again if you want.
- Complete WO: this saves your timer (if running) and takes
you right to the Work Order Completion page where you can input any
final completion details before marking the work order
- Discard Timer: this stops the timer and 'throws out' any
logged time. Use this if you've mistakenly started a timer on a job
or forgot your timer running and need to manually input accurate
- Cancel: this hides the Quick Action buttons.
Dashboard Reminder for Running Timers
If you have a timer running you'll see a new dashboard indicator
reminding you of this running timer. Tap this to jump right into
the work order for the current running timer.
Pulse Tab -- See Your Mobile Workforce!
If your technicians or housekeepers are using the Mobile Worx
app, you can get a look at exactly what your staff are timing on
their mobile devices, and the total time logged so far today.
First, you'll need access to the Pulse Tab on your
dashboard -- ensure your security role has access to Dashboard
> Pulse tab -- if you don't have permission to update
security roles, talk to someone in your organization who does.
Use TheWorxHub to track meter readings on assets like Emergency
Generator Run Time or Oil Pressure. Even use our all new Site
Meters to track non-asset specific readings like water temperature
checks. Setup a daily scheduled work order with a water temp meter
reading attached and build best practices into the system knowing
that meter readings can trigger corrective or preventative action
automatically! Contact us to setup training for your
Create Multiple Meters Per Asset
Capture Meter Readings on Mobile
Setup Conditions To Trigger Work Orders Based on Readings
Review and Export Meter Reading History
New Time of Day Picker in Quick Complete
From your dashboard, many of you use the Quick Complete action
for marking work orders complete. From time-to-time you need to
adjust the time of day on the completion. We've rolled out a new
time picker to simplify this process. Take a look at the animation
below. In the coming weeks we'll be rolling out this same timer
picker to all other areas of the system where you need to specify a
time of day.
Add Question Groupings to Surveys
If you own the add-on QA & Surveys app, things just got
better. If you have long surveys with dozens of questions, you can
now add groupings to organize your questions more clearly. Add your
groupings to your survey templates in Settings >
Printed Checklist Survey Now with Yes & No
For those with the add-on QA & Surveys app, to help with
interpreting printed checklist surveys, we've converted the
previous single checkbox to two columns -- Yes and No. Previously,
with the single checkbox print out, it was tough to know if a
question scored 'No' of it if had just not been scored yet.
Barcoding -- Scan Non-WorxHub Barcodes
For those of you who have purchased barcodes from another
company for labelling assets, you can now use your mobile device to
associate those barcodes to an asset in TheWorxHub. Contact us for
details on this as we have a time-saving import procedure to bulk
upload your pre-printed barcodes.
Export All Billable Line Items
Previously, when exporting your billables from your Billings
to Send dashboard area, you would get a single record for each
work order. Now, you have the option to export all billable line
items from each work order billing panel. This feature is available
for Maintenance, Housekeeping, IT Services and Landscaping, but not
yet available for Transportation.
New Easier to Use Mobile Location Picker
When adding a new work request, work order, or asset on Mobile
Worx, the first step is always picking a location. It's always been
difficult to navigate the location picker on a tiny screen so we've
made a number of changes.
- Search box is now much bigger and easier to
- You can type in multiple key words to limit your search
results even further.
- The list of items is simplified -- no more expandable
treeview with locations nested inside others.
Add Attachments to Projects
Up until today, Projects were one of the few areas in TheWorxHub
where you couldn't add attachments. Well, now you can. Just open up
the project settings form and you'll find an attachments panel
where you can upload attachments, like a project budget, quotes,
drawings, photos of the completed projects, you name it!
Opt-In to Email Updates on Trips You Create
For those running our Transportation app, we've got a new
feature to allow you to subscribe to email updates on any trips you
create. To sign up for email notifications, just update your staff
record to check the checkbox saying 'Email me updates on trips I
Easier Drop-Off/Driver Waits Feature
In the Transportation app, with any trip destination you can
have your driver wait with the resident, or drop them off for
return later. If you most frequently drop-off, you can set this
option as a default in Settings > Transportation so all
new trips will automatically pick up your drop-off/driver waits
preference. Note: when Driver Waits is selected, you will
then see the Return to Start checkbox.
Fixes & Improvements
Print this page
- Updated work log section of work order labor panel to accept
labor time of more than 24 hrs.
- Fixed issue in several reports where on the filter page, the
relative date range option would appear selected in the UI even
though it was actually using the custom date range.
- Fixed issue with linking a survey to a work order, when that
work order was in a pop-up window.
- Fixed issue with surveys duplicating in the work order if you
click Save Where I'm At from inside the work order survey
- Fixed issue with appointment time in a work order reverting to
a different time after assigning labor.
- Updated projects so that the start date and due date of a
project get set immediately in the UI when creating a project from
- Fixed issue in Settings > Templates which prevented
adding attachments to a template work order.
- Fixed issue with Dropbox attachments which prevented saving of
- Fixed issue in transportation where recurring trips with a
'will call' appointment time wouldn't generate properly.
- Fixed issue where a pending work request would temporarily show
in the Complete WOs smart widget while you were in the process of
accepting that request.
- Fixed issue that required you to save edits to the resident
form before sending an email invite to the resident.
- Fixed issue in work order and request search that would show
the current resident name next to work orders where the unit was
vacant at the time of the work order completion.
- Fixed the starting location display in the transportation app,
when you clicked a trip request from your dashboard to pop-up the
- Added feature to remember search filters on transportation
dashboard after closing a pop-up.
- Now hiding inactive vehicles from transportation calendar
- Fixed issue in barcode app, after scanning an inventory item,
then clicking Add Work Order With This Inventory Item, the
inventory item wasn't being automatically linked to the resulting
- Added work order completion time of day to work order search
and the Simple Work Order Listing
- Added new groupings to Simple Work Order
Listing report for subcategory and billed/not
- Added new filter to Staff/Contractors > Labor
Productivity report for Include/Exclude
- Entry comments added to email notifications.
- Updating mobile Find Anything feature to clearly
indicate when an inventory item found has been discontinued.
- Updated reports to automatically select a relative or custom
date range option as soon as you click to edit the date
- Survey statistics in Settings > Surveys now
accurately separates out how many times a survey has been cancelled
rather than including that number in the complete count.
- Survey form print out updated for completed surveys to visually
connect comments with their associated questions.
- Fixed issues with work order start date display on mobile,
incorrectly adjusting for timezones.